Elliek19
Elliek19
  • Winchester, MA
Asked on Mar 12, 2018

Ideas of how to display my travel magnets?

DfmTechymomCindy
+8

I want to move them off the refrigerator and possibly hang on the wall.
Thanks for any help with this request.

• Helen

Take a very large pan - rectangle - with with the sides. Paint it, or decoupage it, or whatever and on the back add some glue-on hanging bits for hanging on the wall. Next, take your magnets and place them in a great pattern and hang the pan on the wall! You could do more than one.
  • Janice

Purchase a metal cookie sheet or a sheet of metal and mount in an area where you'll see it often. Then display you magnets on that. If you have so many they won't fit on a cookie sheet, you can by a larger metal piece. Keep traveling and collecting. You can paint the metal whatever color you like.
    • Elliek19

Sounds great, I think I'll try it out with the cookie sheets. Thanks!
  • Cindy

Hi Elinor, You could paint a map on a cookie sheet. Display the magnet in the place where you visited. It could be a map of the world, country, state or town. That way you will know where you have been and where you have not been YET. Best wishes.
    • Elliek19

Very creative map idea, I could try using the decoupage technique with an actual map- sounds like fun- Thank you.
  • Dfm

if you want something larger than a pan, sheet metal can be used..frame it up, it does work nicely..
  • Techymom

As others suggested here, I also recommend using a metal surface. I would try to find some nice looking metal trays that can be mounted on a wall and your magnets displayed there.
  • Dfm

I used a piece to cover the holes in the wall behind my stove, the “ left over” pieces got the magnets.