Josie Rubio
Josie Rubio
  • El Paso, TX
Asked on Mar 15, 2018

How to recycle grocery plastic bags?

Janet PizaroJohnavallance82Pat Russell
+4

How to use recycle grocery plastic bags

• Kathy

I use my plastic bags many times, I take them to the store so they don't charge me a dime each time & I use them to carry items as well as for dog poop.
  • Kathy

You can take your plastic bags to Lowe's or any other store, they have bins there for recycling them.
    Hope this helps
    Kathy
  • Redcatcec

I have seen people store them in an empty Kleenex box and pull them out as needed for a trip to the store. The boxes have attractive patterns and can be kept where convenient or in the car without clutter or loose plastic bags. Or you can put a bunch of the plastic bags together and take them to a grocery store that recycles them. We do both and it works when we have an excess of them.
  • Vimarhonor

Some folks collect them to make woven mats.

Otherwise it’s common to being hem back to the grocery store for recycling.
  • Pat Russell

If you are looking for a "Project" to do yourself, they can be cut into strips, tied together and crocheted into mats for your front door in muddy weather. There are actually groups who do this and make bed roll size mats to distribute to homeless centers. Check in your area if you want to take on a big project!
  • Johnavallance82

Tie them in knots and re-use.

Be grateful you have them....Here we now have to pay for them.https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=plastic%20bags