How do you replace weather striping located on the bottom of an

  6 answers
  • Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Mar 20, 2018
    Your question was cut off. Can you finish please?
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 20, 2018
    Bottom of window or door?
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 04, 2018
    if you have a threshold with a black rubber looking strip, you ca get a new rubberish seal for it. Installing a new threshold is not that hard to do either..may need cut to size, a hack saw does the job. There are also plastic sweeps that have an adhesive house was built in 52 settling occurs on the inside I put on the bottom of my door to cover a1/4 inch gap.i also put one on the screen door again a gap issue. Lot less drafty. Back in the 50’s apparently metal channels were the rage for weather stripping on doors....metal conducts cold and hot....I just don’t get it. That and the heat registers at near ceiling ht.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 04, 2018
    there are a few ways...the better way is to replace the rubber part in the threshold So it meets the bottom of the door. There are also plastic door sweeps with an adhesive on the back. You put it on the bottom of your door so all gaps are covered, then pull the liner off the adhesive strip And adhere it to the door. The rubber part I found at big box diy and the plastic strips as well. Maybe 2 bucks for the plastic...a bit more for the rubber strips. I have a garage I put weather stripping connects to the house.
  • Dfm Dfm on Apr 04, 2018
    Most doors have a threshhold with a rubber strip that hits the bottom of the door. If the rubber strip is worn it won’t seal properlly take it out and take it with to a big box diy so you get the right width and length. Then the fun begins...feeding it in the Chanel. It should not be flat, but bumped upward To meet the Bottom of the door. There are also plastic door sweeps..covers the gap between the bottom of the door and the floor. I also put one of those on the storm the weather side.
Your comment...