How to clean stainless steel canister set to shine?

+5
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Mar 20, 2018
    Bartenders Friend. Be certain to clean with the “grain”. Rinse really well and buff.
    I gather they’ve some painted decor so you’re not comfortable pitting them in the dishwasher. Obviously you want to avoid the paint with the “Friend” as well. Dawn dish detergent is always the first step. I’m a “soaker” myself.
  • Nancy Nancy on Mar 20, 2018
    rubbing alchol
  • Loneagle Loneagle on Mar 20, 2018
    toothpaste makes an excellent metal cleaner.
  • Melissa Combs Melissa Combs on Mar 20, 2018
    white vinegar and micro fiber towel.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 20, 2018
    The first part is to clean any grease, grim, dirt, flour, etc. off the canister. If you can, empty the canister. Then you can wash it in hot sudsy water in the sink. If you don’t empty the canister, be sure to keep any cleaning supplies away from the lip. Use baking soda and vinegar to scrub the outside and bottom. Clean the lid separately, and in the sink or dishwasher. Use a soft cloth to buff the shine on the dry surface. ☺️

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Mar 20, 2018
    After cleaning them well with soap and water, take a white cotton rag and pour some 91% isopropyl alcohol on it. Wipe down your stainless steel and it should shine like new. I use it on my stainless sink all the time.
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Mar 21, 2018
    For all of my stainless steel I use endust green apple all surface cleaner. I've used it for years. And it makes the kitchen smell good too.