P kalt
P kalt
  • Streamwood, IL
Asked on Mar 23, 2018

How to wash dingy white sheer curtains

TAMMY SPALSBURYKelly Denoyer RussellFiddledd224
+8

• Amanda

Hello. Try soaking them in bleach water. It always works for me.
  • Jcraw

Gentle wash with some white T-shirt’s. They help “scrub”. Then soak in some Oxy or Spic and Span or other serious cleaner. Then wash again, gently, and rinse with a low “spin” cycle. I never put mine in the dryer. I take them out immediately and lay them out on the table while I hang them wet or iron them, depending on my enthusiasm.
  • Annmazza

I have white lace curtains all over my house, and the only thing that gets the gray out of them is a good soak in warm water with Clorox II. Chlorine bleach will damage the delicate fabric, or yellow it badly. I put my curtains in the dryer for just a few minutes to get the wrinkles out. Have a sofa or a large flat surface to lay them out on, the instant the curtains come out of the dryer.
  • Teresa

Put lemon juice on them and hang in the sun then laundry as normal
  • Debbie Kildau

Use proxide. Works good !
  • Marlene O'Halloran

Soak in Oxy-clean for a few days. I have removed old tea stains from very old linens and they sparkle.
  • Dusty

Agree with OxyClean as a treatment - I have sprayed it on old stains and left alone for several hours and it works great.. It's main ingredient that does the magic is hydrogen peroxide in some form! Then I would follow with gentle wash with t-shirts as Jcraw suggests! Good idea with t-shirts, Jcraw!
  • Fiddledd224

After soaking in bleach, hang in direct sunlight for several hours to further bleach them. If they are a natural fabric (cotton or linen) they should bleach out really well. Unfortunately, synthetics don't always lighten up and may stay yellowish.
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell

soak in Oxi Clean overnight then wash. I hang mind back up to dry instead of risking shrinkage in dryer.
  • TAMMY SPALSBURY

oxiclean