How do you clean out the musty smell out of tupperware

+4
  • Tri11996783 Tri11996783 on Apr 07, 2018
    Vinegar And baking soda. Plastic holds stains and odors. Glad is best for health reasons
  • Anne Brennan Anne Brennan on Apr 07, 2018
    Pour 50/50 mix of very hot (not boiling) water and distilled vinegar to top (in sink). Once it has stopped steaming, place lid on it and leave to cool completely. Empty liquid, wash as normal and leave to dry completely without the lid on. Another option is to make a paste of baking soda and water, smear all over interior of container, let dry. Empty, wash, dry as before.
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Apr 07, 2018
    White vinegar will remove it. Let it soak. I use it straight, but you can add some water. Also, leave it open to dry after soaking it as the vinegar odor will also disapate
  • Laura Benitez Laura Benitez on Apr 07, 2018
    I have used a light bleach solution. Fill your sink up and a cap full of bleach should do the job. I have also tried squeezing lemon juice it works too
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Apr 07, 2018
    Baking soda takes away smelly plastic.
  • Sunshine Sunshine on Apr 07, 2018
    Try putting newspaper in it and cover it and let stand for a day.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Apr 08, 2018
    Make a paste of baking soda and lemon juice. Put the lid on an let sit for a few hours. Then run through the dish washer.