What are some ideas for making an outdoor counter ?

+4
The shed it's associated with is a board and batten one - and it's for our cooking area.

• Bijous Bijous on Apr 11, 2018
    There are two types of countertops - those with overhangs and those without.
    The overhang is 1-1/2 inch with a 3/4 inch counter. Or put two pieces of plywood together for a flat top.
    Two products I like to use for outside are copper and aluminum. You can order thin sheets of either on-line at very reasonable prices. At basiccopper.com they even have a tutorial on how to make a countertop. Good luck.
  • Lynn Lynn on Apr 11, 2018
    A cement countertop is cool option. Frame out with 2x4’s over a cement board base. Mix and pour out cement to fill your form. Trowel to smooth top allow to dry, remove forms and sand to smooth edges. Check out utube.
    • Jane Jane on Apr 16, 2018
      Thanks Lynn, I've been offered a couple of options - your certainly would last a long time - I'll talk them all over with my DIY'er !

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Apr 11, 2018
    Clinker Blocks with Slats on Battens or marble/Stone Top or Hinge from Shed with fold out legs/Brackets etc........Use Old Cupboard on Blocks with Larger Top and use cupboard to store stuff inside for Season etc.....
  • Cindy Cindy on Apr 11, 2018
    Teak is the best wood to use for outdoor use. You need to condition it once a year. Best of luck to you.