Asked on Apr 20, 2018

How to sanitize bath towels?

Phyllis KaullJanet PizaroJennifer
+5

I've heard it uses vinegar and baking soda.

• Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

Washing and drying on hot will do it. I put vinegar in the spot where the softener goes in my washer, it helps cut the residual soap and should disinfect a bit, too. I don't wash clothes in hot water, only cold.
  • Kay27246977
    Kay27246977

thay night break ur machine...
  • Andra
    Andra

If you don't want to use bleach (which does the best job in my opinion), you may want to try adding a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to your wash load. This can also help if the towels aren't as absorbent as they once were.
  • Hotheadzmarine.williamson
    Hotheadzmarine.williamson

food grade diatomatious earth Walmart and Lowes cares it.. it cuts the exoskeleton of the ant... and they die but s safe for human and animals... SO LONG AS IT IS FOOD GRADE
  • Lisa S.
    Lisa S.

If they are washed in hot water and put in the drier, they are sanitized. White vinegar will kill some germs. Baking soda does not kill germs.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer

For sure use vinegar. I use vinegar in place of softener for all my laundry. The softener actually makes them smell bad over time. I assume hot water would sanitize them.
  • Phyllis Kaull
    Phyllis Kaull

White vinegar or peroxide is what I use. Peroxide is often used in hospitals, doctors offices to sanitize things. Regular isopropyl alcohol is another good option.