Asked on Apr 23, 2018

Question about using this Street light

LivTIreland  ☘️Kelly-n-Tony
+12

Got a old street single no lights or anything in it want to paint it,but after that I'm pretty much clueless But i want to use it as yard art
.Any ideas
  • Sharon
    Sharon

Might make a nice succulent home, I could see hen and chicks growing out of it.... I would paint it fire engine red.
  • Sassy
    Sassy

What cool yard art!! You could put "floors" under the three levels to facilitate planting or turn it into a 3-story bird house with flowers on three sides to protect the nests.
  • Hotheadzmarine.williamson
    Hotheadzmarine.williamson

you could find some colored lenses and glue on... and put a light in it... so each lense would light up.. great find... just love it.

Janet Pizaro

put solar fairy lights inside and attach it to a hook
  • Andra
    Andra

I love the look of this! You may want to use a wire brush (like a grill cleaning brush) and clean off loose debris. Metal paints to match your yard could be used. (Personally, I'd leave it as is, but I'm a nerd that way!) ;D
  • Jim Cox
    Jim Cox

IF you repaint - Tractor paint is about the toughest stuff there is, and Yellow industrial tractor/Backhoe is probably close enough. I'd put lenses in it and a few LED bulbs and have a front yard light.

(Now I'm gonna have to find me an aviation lamp or two ; )
  • Chubby58
    Chubby58

I see sandblasting the rust off, painting it, flipping it upside down for a wine holder...
  • Rose Middleton
    Rose Middleton

The first thing you need to do is find a way to "plant" it in the ground.
    Find a tube - plumbing pipe? to attach it too, then put it in the ground with cement. Plant it like a strawberry pot.
  • Melissa LB
    Melissa LB

This would make a cool planter
  • Heather McKinney
    Heather McKinney

Hmmm...what about turning it into a 3-story birdhouse?
  • Kay31579518
    Kay31579518

I was thinking of sanding and painting it a street light color then take wooden disks, paint green, yellow, red. Clean out the inside (Probably first before you paint it - I get all exited when thinking of new ideas! Cut a bluebird-sized hole in the green disk and fix up the inside of the interior to bluebird size nest. Well, dang. Just put a hole in it and see who flies in!

• Kelly-n-Tony
    Kelly-n-Tony

FANTASTIC FIND! I love the suggestions of birdhouse and you know even if you don't do that purposely the birds may move in anyway- something to think about.
  • TIreland  ☘️
    TIreland ☘️

What a fantabulous find! I’d paint it fire engine red. Then paint each “ light “ there respective color. Put it on a pole place it in the ground and let the birds 🦅 have a new home! I’m sure they’d find their way soon!
    Good Luck☘️!
  • Liv
    Liv

You could pot string of pearl succulents in side of the holes.