I had soaked my gas stove top in bleach overnight.it has turned black

HazelpDottie WeirichDana
+10

please advise on how to clean
Thank you
  • Chas' Crazy Creations
    Chas' Crazy Creations

Here is a video that might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m5nF-uvwkI
  • Dana
    Dana

Baking soda “bicarbonate “ vinager let it soak. This will remove the black.
    Would reccomend doing this in your sink, it will also clean your drain when your finished
    • Bink
      Bink

What is the mixture? Just regular baking soda and vinegar? What quantities?
  • Dianne Kruse Charron
    Dianne Kruse Charron

Vinegar.

• Patricia Norman
    Patricia Norman

You might try brushing it with toothpaste. It will shine sterling silver that turns black from bleach.
  • Nadine Hartman Bourne
    Nadine Hartman Bourne

If you did that to clean them of grease, next time soak in ammonia. Bleach does nothing to clean grease. bleach only removes stains. next time seal in a bag with a little ammonia let sit over night, the ammonia will eat the grease right off.
  • 9530106
    9530106

Scrub with an SOS soap pad. It will work quickly with elbow grease.
  • Dottie Weirich
    Dottie Weirich

While in the Army, we had to clear an cleanliness inspection before we could leave the military housing for our next duty post. I found a Product that is 100% natural and I NEVER used another cleaner for my appliances afterwards! You can find it either on Amazon or Walmart online only.
    Astonish is made in the UK and you use very little to clean the worst of the worst oven / stove top/ metal sinks pots & pans! I am 69 and I swear I won't use another cleaner & I now have a class top electric, but have had many gas. NO harsh fumes, waiting over nights & No soaking! You will NEVER be sorry you tried it!
    • Nacha
      Nacha

Thank you! My burners were soaked in washing soda overnight and it turned black.. then, I tried baking soda and vinegar... worked but not the best. I am lucky I can find Astonish at a store in South Africa which is unusual:). And it works like a charm! Thanks so much!

• Dana
    Dana

personal I don’t use measurements I just tip the bakin soda on top of what I’m cleaning in the kitchen sink. Then pouring the vinegar on the top to cover the item... sorry I cannot give you better information on quantities
  • Dottie Weirich
    Dottie Weirich

Astonish (It's a small blue plastic container with name in white) go to Walmart.com and look in cleaners, I use a plain scrubber pad  I cut them into 4 & leave a damp one in my Astonish with lid on securely so the paste doesn't dryout.
    Product Image

Current Price
    $13.39
    List List Price$19.82
    Sold & shipped by T&T UP
    Free shipping
  • Hazelp
    Hazelp

Vinegar always works wonders..You can add vinegar and cover it with some used paper overnight..it will be soaked all together and in the morning you can clean the grease easily.