How does one clean, dry clean, wash electric blankets?

Rachel's Trash~2~TreasuresNancy TurnerArl33511738
+4

• M.H.
    M.H.

This is what I found on how to wash your heating blanket.... I’m happy I found this because I never knew how to wash one either. 😊
  • Eileen B.
    Eileen B.

Electric blankets are machine washable and dryable. I put some Downy Unstoppables in the washer it makes the blanket smell fresher

• Cheryl Gillman
    Cheryl Gillman

As the commenter above said most are machine washer and dryer safe, for mine the instructions say to wash normal, dry on low heat and before connecting the power cord to lay it out flat and run the palms of your hands up the wires inside to stretch them out a little just don't use a lot of pressure when rubbing them
  • Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Check the label on your blanket. If you have trouble reading it, look up the company online. Most have excellent customer service.
  • Arl33511738
    Arl33511738

Mine go into the washing machine. I use warm water. The cannot go into a dryer, so must be outside or over the bathtub rail. Have mine for years works fine
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

The tag should tell you how to launder them. I have one that is machine washable, but you have to line dry it so that you don't break wires.
  • Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures
    Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

You can wash them in the washer, and dry them in the dryer. Just use a lower heat setting to dry