What kind of hooks to use when you put black plastic on the ground?

  9 answers
  • Rae Rae on Jun 03, 2018
    Linda not sure what you need but if you are talking like a weed barrier I take old wire hangers and cut them into around 6 inch pieces and bend it into a u shape drive it through the plastic into the ground
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Jun 03, 2018
    Landscape pins. Like giant Bobby pins. You can make your own with wire clothes hangars.
  • QBSF QBSF on Jun 03, 2018
    You use garden anchor staples. They come is different lengths, but basic ones are about 6".
    They're made of steel, and look like elongated staples.
    You just push them thru the plastic and into the ground to hold the plastic in place.
    This is assuming of course, that you're paying the plastic over dirt, gravel or some other kind of ground material that you can push these staples into.
    Very inexpensive and available at garden shops & Home Depot. Amazon also sells box of 100 for $20.

  • Eroque022810 Eroque022810 on Jun 03, 2018
    Are you talking about something you are using to not allow water to drain into the ground at all? Anyway they sell these spikes where they sell the fabric that people often use and you just hammer them into ground. Just measure the length and with and figure out how far apart they need to be for your situation then purchase them. They are often strong plastic spikes used in edging. But the fact that you are putting plastic down is scary because water won't drain. Not if you are covering your crawl space because we had that done go the the home improvement part of store where they sell that stuff because I don't believe they put anything like that they didn't puncture plastic, instead since it's heavier they overlapped it at the seams by a few inches.
  • Carol Ruthven Carol Ruthven on Jun 03, 2018
    Home Depot or other Hardware stores sell Ground Staples specifically for that in the gardening or landscaping aisles. you can push of hammer lightly into the ground.
  • Rae Rae on Jun 03, 2018
    Linda not sure what you need but if you are talking like for a weed barrier- I take old wire coat hangers and cut them in around 6 inch pieces and bent them into a "U" shape and drive them through the plastic into the ground.
  • Rae Rae on Jun 03, 2018
    Whoops got ya twice!

  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jun 03, 2018
    Make your own out of bent pieces of wire coat hangers.
Your comment...