How do I redo my stairs?

+5
Hi there. I have a few stairs at my entrance and I would like to know the easiest and most affordable way to redo them on my own. I want to take out the carpet and do something nice. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.
q how do i redo my stairs
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 05, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/make-over/stairs
  • Ann Ann on Jun 05, 2018
    Throw out the carpeting first. If you have ugly cheap steps under it, you might want to invest in new pine boards you can have cut to fit. Stain or paint them, and paint the risers ( the vertical parts) white. If you stain, try to match the. Handrail, orhave the handrail painted. When done, poly 3 coats on the stained part. Not hard to do, and you don’t have that many steps. Maintenance will then be easier...dust not vaccuum. If you find bare steps too noisy, consider a runner you can find online or any big box store. just tack them down with a heavy duty stapler or nailgun. Good luck!
  • Cheryl Gillman Cheryl Gillman on Jun 05, 2018
    If you look up diy nearby on hometalk there very first video is all about redoing stairs and floor without spending a fortune
  • DD DD on Jun 05, 2018
    Ann pretty much summed it up and i thought you might get some ideas from one of these to do something different on the risers
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Jun 05, 2018
    You could put wood or tile on the steps and risers. Maybe get a new, bigger newel post. Paint it and the rest of the railing white since you have white trim on the floor above. I would also get rid of the benches and the huge amount of shoes. Get some kind of storage to hide it all away.