Tips for Leaking basement repair?

Over the years I have hired several companies, contractors and spent thousands of dollars to solve the water leaking in my basement. We live in a ranch style house with a full unfinished basement. The basement is used for storage and the disabled young man we care for uses it for his man cave. We also care for other children off and on when needed. Really the teenagers we some times care for, just need the basement space to play music and play games on the computer because our house is too congested for them to play in the main part of the house. The house is only 900 square feet, so it is easy to see why the basement space is really needed.

The water in the basement problem has improved, but when we get heavy sustained rains the water seep in my basement. The water seem to becoming in from one to two areas only. I do not have a water pump and was told twice by professionals that it is not needed.
The city has had a problem with the sewer system but they have already updated the system in my area.
We are elderly on a fixed income. We don't have money to hire anyone now. So our only solution is dYI. Besides the additional space needed, my young niece that we care for has asthma and sinus problems. Also my COPD respiratory health due to allergies is jeopardized by any mold. For that reason alone I must keep the basement completely dry. Please help with any advice you can give. Thank you.