How to clean tiles in shower?

MEGMorgan McBrideChelsea @ Making Manzanita
+5

• Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of vinegar and Dawn dish soap. Give it a shake and spray it on the tiles. Give it a little time to work and if the tiles are not coming clean, scrub a little with a plastic scrubbie. Works for me every time, Maria!
  • I love using a combination of Dawn soap with vinegar in a dish wand! Works like a charm.

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

bleach and a scrub brush
  • MEG
    MEG

If mold is present spray with bleach diluted with water in a spray bottle and let set in. You can then take a old toothbrush or scrub brush and scrub down the tiles and grout lines. Once cleaned and dry I spray and wipe furniture polish on the tiles which will repel water after showering. I always squeegee excess water off tiles after each and every shower to prevent mold in the shower area. It leaves the tile fresh and clean and a nice sheen.

• Maria Jensen
      Maria Jensen

Wow I’ve never heard of using furniture polish on the shower tiles but I like the idea of the water repelling. I too wipe the tile down. I look forward to trying it. Thank you 😊
  • MEG
    MEG

Yes Maria it does work. Water and oil don't mix so it works as a natural repellant. It leaves a nice sheen on the tiles as well. Just make sure not to get any furniture polish on floor of tub so no slips/ falls or accidents occur. Happy Cleaning!