What is the best thing to put ontop of countertops?

PattiSharonMad29883817
+2

I have painted black counter tops and can't figure out what to put on top of them to finish them off. Everything seems to peel off, bubble, or just not work or look right. I have tried polyureathane, polyacrylic, and few other things. I want something that will make it shine and last for a few years. Need suggestions!

• Mad29883817

I believe Rustoleum sells a paint kit for counter tops

• Sharon

Have you tried spar varnish? It's what is used on bottom of boats. Varnish should go over latex paint. If not then use bullseye clear shellac after that has dried use minwax paste wax. It makes the shellac harder.

• Sharon

• Jacklyn McKinney

I wonder if it would do the same over the polycrylic that I already have put down? I have some and guess I'll give it a try. Thanks

• Patti

I am considering doing epoxy on mine. There are great tutorials online.