How to temporarily affix molding without using nails, screws, or glue

Jonna WilladsenLaura CooperKal21880830
+5

I have quarter round I need to place on the top of the counter to cover up where the Formica counter meets a wavy old wall that is lath and plaster. I don't want to ruin the counter and it is very hard to nail into the lath and plaster.

• Edie

Hi Jonna! You said no glue but crafters hot glue holds well and you should be able to remove from formica without damage. Just don't get too crazy with the glue ...perhaps just a dot every 6 inches or so! do a small test piece
  • Sharon

You've eliminated all your options for fastening the quarter round. I would glue the side of the quarter round to the wall, then just run a bead of silicon caulk along the edge on the counter since I gather you're afraid of damaging the counter not the wall.

• Kal21880830

Maybe double-sided tape on the counter top would work. It would not damage the formica when removed. Just about anything you used, including double-sided tape, would not be good on plaster walls. Hope this helps!

• Laura Cooper

I agree with Sharon. You can even use the 100% silicone instead of adhesive. It has excellent adhesion and can be removed with a razor blade

• Jonna Willadsen

great idea! I'm going to do it today!