How to we get rid of this stain?

+9

Over the last several months one of our toilets has had this stain. I have used everything under the sun including a can of coke, lime cleaner, bleach tabs that go into the back of the tank etc. Can anyone tell me what it might be and how to get rid of it.

q how to we get rid of this stain

Toilet bowl mystery.

• Christina Royer Christina Royer on Aug 07, 2018

That may be the enamel

coating coming off and not a stain. Just a hunch but can’t realy tell from the picture

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Aug 07, 2018

Could it be rust? If so, rust remover might work.

• Pepper Pepper on Aug 07, 2018

Have you tried a pumice some for cleaning toilets. Two places I know it can be found are on Amazon and at Walmart's. If it doesn't work you may have to paint it. I painted a bathtub years ago.

• Diane Diane on Aug 08, 2018

I had stains like this, so I tried a pumice stick, and it worked wonders!

• Daw15103634 Daw15103634 on Aug 08, 2018

Thank you! I will try the pumice. I did try rust cleaner and it didn't work!

• Chi25888441 Chi25888441 on Aug 08, 2018

If it’s truly a stain- try vinegar. Remove as much water as you can and soak as long as you can. It may take a couple of tries.

• CRYSTAL CRYSTAL on Aug 08, 2018

You should try muriatic acid do not touch it with bear hands just pour about1 cup into the water !!! If necessary you can repeat this process, I've been doing this my whole life , and im well over 60 something years old , my grand mother told me about acid ? So good luck i hope it resolves your problem...mrs CRYSTAL SMITH,😊💕

• Danielle Odin Danielle Odin on Aug 08, 2018

Get a pumice stick or stone at any hardware store. Empty all or as much of the water as possible and scrub. Good old fashion elbow grease should do the trick. Good Luck!

• Catherine Deirdre Rodden Catherine Deirdre Rodden on Aug 08, 2018

Looks like the enamel is peeling off. The more you scrub with a pumice stone, the bigger that will get. You may need to replace the toilet

• Larry miller Larry miller on Aug 08, 2018

I do agree, looks like enamel damage, replace for $100, less than 1 hr labour.

I don't know where you are located, do you have hard water, how old is the toilet. I would definitely say if you have tried all things mentioned, time to replace, don't waste more time or $

• JinxM8l& JinxM8l& on Aug 09, 2018

if it's indeed a stain, and not the enamel chipping off, CLR should do the trick. the thicker gel stuff works better than the thin liquid formula. it's available at some dollar stores.

• It is a stain from hard water. Replacing the toilet will only end in the same place after a few months. I have tried everything mentioned here and a few more - nothing works.