Asked on Sep 5, 2018

How do I clean scale from a tub?

WilliamDwp7470bGrandmasHouseDIY
+7

Scale in a tub, I’ve tried detergents, scrubs, etc. No success to date.

• Karen Livingston
    Karen Livingston

Try "Bar Keepers Friend"

• GrandmasHouseDIY
    GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi there, the worst calcium build up I've had in my tub and the ONLY thing I could manage to work with some fine grit sandpaper just very carefully used to remove the worst of it. It worked great.

• Dwp7470b
    Dwp7470b

Steel wool pad, gently with Ajax or Comet powder cleaner, should work, you may need to make the powder into a paste and dab it on with a rag or an old toothbrush, to ket that paste sit overnight.

William

Easy Off No Fume Oven Cleaner in the BLUE can. Works on enamel, porcelain, and fiberglass.

William

Spray the oven cleaner and let it liquefy. Sometimes may need some scrubbing. A brush or green kitchen scrubby should work. Do wear rubber gloves. Rinse well.

• M Calderon
      M Calderon

Used as recommended and was extremely helpful. I would say it removed 75% of the problem. Still had something like a shade at the bottom and lower sides of the tub. Then I tried with solution of vinegar and dish liquid detergent + green scrub. Now looks much better, would say 90% better including some nice shine.