How to install artificial grass on a slope?

+4
  • Flipturn Flipturn on Sep 14, 2018

How large of an area (sq yards) is the slope? Installing artificial turf is not cheap. Perhaps mulch would be an option?

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Sep 14, 2018

Dal Hi, Just put it down the same way you would anywhere else. Aloha!

• Lorie Opalanko Lorie Opalanko on Sep 15, 2018

I killed all the growth with Ortho ground clear. Then I covered with a quality weed block. I used garden staples to tack down. I was going to use rocks but that would have taken too long to gather them up for free. And expensive to buy. I found Astro turf on craigslist. I rolled it out with help and tacked it down with 12" spikes with a washer every 2 feet or so on top and some down the slope speraticly and on bottom edge same as top. I have grass to cut on top and bottom so you need to tack down pretty good or lawnmower catches it. Every so often I have to weed kill edges. But rest stays weed free. Good luck. It was one of the best things I ever did. I wish I could afford the whole yard!

Also I meant to tell you I also bought my grass on craiglist. A company picks up old fields and sells rolls of it. You have to be able to get yourself and the piece we got has some stripes on it from a soccer field but I just bought spray paint and painted them.