Boiler heat?

+4

what color should the “heat registers” throughout my house be painted?

same color as the walls?

or white?

• Whatever color you want them to be. In my house and my mom's I painted them the same color as the wall to make them disappear as much as possible. I used a semi gloss paint so they are easier to dust.

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Oct 11, 2018

Hi Terry, I saw a picture of them painted black once and it was pretty stunning! White is always an option too for a classic look.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Oct 11, 2018

Same color as the walls, for sure!

• Dee Dee on Oct 11, 2018

Use Rustoleum spray paint so they do not rust.

• William William on Oct 11, 2018

Any color you want. Same color as the wall to make them "disappear". Similar color as baseboards to hide and blend in.

• Are they pretty radiators, like the ones in our little brick cottage? Here's how I painted those. Otherwise if they are just baseboard registers, it'd be best to paint them the same color of the baseboard so they blend in.

• Em Em on Oct 11, 2018

Paint them the same color as the wall. Some people like them to stand out and buy fancy ones. That looks okay on a floor. If they are wall registers, make them blend in and use wall color paint.