How do I clean silver jewelry?

What process should I use to clean silver jewelry without having to scrub it.

• Rini Rini on Nov 22, 2018

Use a white toothpaste, any brand will do but it must be white. Take a small amount and rub with your fingers, it will begin to turn grey, rinse well and dry/buff with a soft, clean cloth. If your piece has small crevices you can use a soft, baby toothbrush to reach those valleys. Repeat as needed. Don't add any water, you must use the white toothpaste dry.

• William William on Nov 22, 2018

I sell a lot of silver on Ebay. Jewelry, silverware, serving sets. Silver polish like Wrights and dips like TarnX tend to remove some of the metal. The foil method doesn't work that great and still leaves a grey film that still needs to be removed. I use white toothpaste (not gel) and a damp toothbrush. For large items I use a damp cloth. Also works on copper, brass, gold, porcelain, ceramics, sneakers, plastics, etc. For my sales I needed one product for cleaning everything. Toothpaste must be dampened for it to work. You don't brush your teeth dry!

• See 1 previous
    • Monique Monique on Nov 22, 2018

Thank you so much. I will try your method.