Asked on Dec 4, 2018

How do I get urine stains out of carpet from a pet?

BetsyCw31253664Balassimo
+4

• Bijous
    Bijous

Hi. Use a spray specifically for urine stains. Sold at most grocery or pet stores, it is a product that has enzymes that attack the proteins left from the urine. Follow the directions and it should come out. It is, however, always best to test a product on a place where it can't be seen to make sure it does not bleach your carpet. Good luck.

• Try cleaning the spot with vinegar and water to neutralize the smell. Then I do a good deep clean with a carpet shampooer.

• MC
    MC

Hot Shot. You can get it at WalMart. It's amazing!

• Balassimo
    Balassimo

steam cleaner

• Cw31253664
    Cw31253664

Sudsing Ammonia

Betsy

Hi Linda: What I use is a product called Odormute. Pet Supplies Plus used to carry it, but I'm not sure now. You need a product that will change the chemical properties of the urine, or an enzyme eater. Also, Odormute will clean the spot. I have used it for years and have not been disappointed. Even on cat pee stains that were over 16 years old under a carpet, through the padding, in a corner and onto the wooden floor. Never knew the cats were using that area:( AC takes care of a lot of smells. It should work on your vinyl floor. Also cleaned and whitened my son's baseball pants. The cats peed on them and I found out a year later (they were in a box) and the pants came out white and stink free. The stuff seems expensive, but you just use a little bit. It's environmentally safe, you can use it on your pet for skunk smells, and it's made in the USA! Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck with whatever you use.