How do I get rid of mildew spots on my porch?

+5

We have black mildew spots on our porch due to rain over flow. We tried bleach but it didn't work. How do we get rid of them?

• 2dogal 2dogal on Dec 18, 2018

Try power washing your porch. Do you have gutters?

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Dec 18, 2018

Hi Terri, this article will help you get rid of that mildew - https://www.howtoremoveblackmold.com/how-to-kill-black-mold/

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 18, 2018

Concrobium Mold Remover/killer --- IF you're sure it's mold and not black algae .. https://inspectapedia.com/exterior/Algae-Mold-Stains-on-Exteriors.php

• Vinegar will take care of that. Hose the area down, use a push broom to get more of the standing water off. Pour vinegar on the floor - be liberal, at $2 a gallon you can afford to be generous. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then scrub lightly with your push broom and hose off.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 18, 2018

I agree with Naomie, wash the area down to get as much off as you can. Pour full strength generously on the area. It will kill the mold/mildew spores. If the bleach didn't take care of the black spots, they may not come off. Is the porch cement or wood. If it is cement, as a last resort you can work in some muriatic acid. When we lived in Naples, Florida, we would get mold and mildew in the covered areas on the lanai and we were told to use that, it happened all the time with the high humidity we always had, it was the worst if there was any cover over any of it. It worked real well and we just rinsed it with the hose after it sat for a few minutes. The cement looked like it was brand new. There are two kinds, the kind you use for pools and a cleaning type the one you want) that is in a different department. You would have to ask where it is, it has been years since I bought my gallon.

• Terri McIntosh Ashcraft Terri McIntosh Ashcraft on Dec 19, 2018

Thank you all so much