Asked on Jan 6, 2019

How can I hide a whole house generator pool pump and pool heater?

MogieSusan LundquistKaren Brunck
+5

Because electric and plumbing are underground I can not dig into the ground and plant trees or bushes

• MawD

You could possibly use privacy fencing if theres a way to secure them without digging.

• Joanne

thank you for the link unfortunately all options listed requires digging

• Karen Brunck

You could purchase or build large planter boxes to hold evergreen shrubs.

• Joanne

Thanks I built 1 large planter and I also thought of adding 2 more but wanted to see if there was another option first

• Susan Lundquist

If you can attach two posts to your house as anchors, the three sides of your enclosure could be free standing. The two outside posts will need a heavy wide base platform (1/2” steel plate with a center rod is best, but a several layers of treated plywood will last for several years).

Simpler way is to set the two outside posts in large pots and fill with concrete. Leave a couple of inches above concrete to put in gravel, seashells, or colorful tumbled glass. To keep that dry, drill some perimeter drain holes above concrete level.

• Mogie

A screen to hide the equipment can just sit on the ground no digging needed. A pool box would just sit over the equipment again no digging. All they need is level ground to sit on.