Jimmy
Jimmy
  • Indonesia
Asked on Jan 7, 2019

How do you seed a Stevia tree?

JimmyJeanne GrunertLinda Sikut
+1

• Linda Sikut

Hi Jimmy,

This is Linda. Good for you for wanting to grow stevia. From what I read in this article, real stevia leaves are much healthier than buying the processed stevia at the store. Here's the article. I hope it helps you.

https://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/herbs/stevia-plant-zm0z13fmzkin

• Jimmy

Hi Linda,

Thank's a lot for the infos about seeding stevia plants. I realized that growing stevia is much healthier than other sweetener on the market. I am so very happy and also very thankful for your infos. And now I can start seeding my plants.

Thank you very much

• Jeanne Grunert

Stevia doesn't grow on trees. It's an herbacious perennial. Buy the seeds from a good company and plant indoors in late winter. Move to the garden after all danger of frost is past. Grow in full sunlight, harvest and dry the leaves to use for sweetener.

• Jimmy

Hi Jeanne,

Thank you very much for the explanations about the stevia. I appreciate that very much and I already have bought some stevias. I will try to grow the plants and will enjoy the harvest when the time has come.