Asked on Jan 8, 2019

How much space do I need for a half bath?

VimarhonorTinyshoesLandsharkinnc

I need ideas for a tiny half bath. I want to add a half bath to rear part of house. It will double as a "guest powder room" and a "pool bathroom". My available spaces are a coat closet, a niche which currently holds a chest freezer, or one end of the laundry room.

• Landsharkinnc

well, you obviously will need a plumber to install, vent and plumb the toilet and sink ... the shortest distance between the commode and the sewer lines and the water lines into your home will play into this ... Obviously not a DIY -- would think the laundry room would be the most obvious as it already has water/drain!

• Tinyshoes

Mary...Half bath is lavatory and toilet. You can check at many salvage stores and usually find a small pedestal or enclosed lavatory. Draw out what you want . Sounds like you have the room you need and it can be really cute for your needs. Good luck.

• Vimarhonor

Hello,

If you have a pool —and are going to be adding plumbing to an outside wall for indoor use, you might want to double up and consider adding the plumbing for an outdoor shower too. We absolutely love our outdoor shower.