I need to get rid of mold toxins in my home.
Is the water source stopped?
Is the mold dead?
Have you had a Pro Mold Tester come in and do both air & surface samples? Stochybotrys atra can kill people.
If not, those need to be addressed first, as the dead mold still leaves toxins. Mycotoxins.
I fumigated my house with chlorine dioxide, but that’s not for beginners, as it is unilateral biocide. If you want to learn about that, pm me.
I would invest in at least 3 large HEPA air cleaners and run them 24/7.
I would also invest in HEPA duct cleaning, which is about $300-$400.
HEPA MERV12 furnace filters.
HEPA bags on your vacuum.
Comsidering I spent $3,500 in being treated for Mycotoxins Poisoning, including a hospital stay, I would recommend getting Pros involved now. There are very few doctors who know how to treat for mold poisoning, believe me.
Get it professionally remediated.
call professional help; if you can see it you probably have huge problem;call your home warranty9If you have such) for plumber then home owners insurance for mold company and financial options/help.if you do not stop the moisture producing the mold it's useless to treat just the mold.
White vinegar will kill the mold spores. Use damprid to remove excess moisture from the air.
Hi Betsy - There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
Mold exposure can have life long consequences if its the toxic variety. So get it professionally tested, you can buy kits at home stores and send off for results. If its toxic variety, have it professionally done, you don't have the equipment to do this on your own. Some houses have to be ripped down to the studs, treated and restored.
I was exposed to black mold at work for a few years, had to leave the job after becoming so sick I couldn't function, developed tumor. https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&hs=RAc&q=Stachybotrys+chartarum&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOOQUeLUz9U3MC-uyM4w4i2pLEgtVshPU8jNz0mJEgGRCpl5Chn5uakKRam5-WWJOacYERqgbMOSZPNcKNuosDipAqYmKc8yCco2Ni4oA-rlAqspSik3MD7FyKufrm9omJRsmlWUbGEAkywsLC5AqEyqNM35xYjqsEWsYsElickZlUn5JUWVxQrJGYlFJYlFpbkAZIr8Ss4AAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiCx6-v6b7hAhUXt54KHbayAT0QxA0wFXoECAsQBQ&biw=1473&bih=696 not to be messed with.
If the problem is not too big try to do it yourself. But if mold affected large area than you should act fast with professional help. Toxic mold is big danger for you and your family. More info about negative health effects can be found here.