Sandy
Sandy
Asked on Apr 5, 2019

How to remove contact paper from sheetrock wall?

Emy Flint | Semigloss DesignChas' Crazy CreationsNancy Turner
+1

HOW TO REMOVE CONTACT PAPER FROM A SHEETROCK WALL?

• Debker

Hi Sandy, if you have a steamer, hold it on just long enough to heat it to peel, or use a blow dryer to soften the adhesive and pull it off. Any kind of heat will help, remember if you are steaming not to linger too long in one area.

• Nancy Turner

I had to remove contact paper from a wall once back in the 80's. The steamer didn't work very well until I actually peeled off the top vinyl coating first. The heat did help some on loosening the stuff at the seam to get it started. The steam did excellent once the vinyl was off. The steam can't get through that vinyl coat to loosen the glue holding it on. Good luck, you can do it if I could do it all those years ago.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Here's an article that might help - https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Contact-Paper

• A heat gun and a scraper. Heat guns get very hot, so move it around a lot. Contact paper is the worst.