How do I remove dog urine from carpet?

+4

Best way to remove urine order and stain from wool carpet.

• Shelli Kisch Haipek Shelli Kisch Haipek on Apr 06, 2019

Nature's Miracle cleaner

• DW DW on Apr 06, 2019

you probably can use a good carpet stain remover and a soft scrub brush to remove the stain (may take several attempts) but you may very well end up with a lighter splotch on your carpet... but if you have a pad under the carpet it has some of the urine and that’s impossible to remove..you have to cutout that patch of pad and replace it.

• Jan Jan on Apr 06, 2019

Woolite pet spray. Works the best. Spray it on liberally, scrub with brush, spray again liberally. Keep repeating until stain is gone.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Apr 06, 2019

Hi BJ,

DW "hit the nail on the head". You can get out the stain and some of the odor with an enzyme cleaner that you'll find in a pet store. The larger issue is what is under the carpet. If it soaked through the carpet the padding will have odor as will the floor underneath. I would try soaking the whole area with the enzyme product then using a carpet steamer to get up as much as possible. I might even try mixing some baking soda in the water from the steamer (although I'm sure that's not recommended by manufacturers

• I believe the best is a product called urine off. Work well when I had my little puppy

• Sharon Sharon on Apr 07, 2019

I've used pet enzyme cleaner tablets, Jackson Galaxy Pet Stain and Odor Remover, that I put a couple of the tablets in my carpet cleaner and go over it several times, then just suck up the dirty water a few passes. I put a fan next to it to dry it out.

The tablets work much better cause its freshly mixed...... why pay for water? https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-Galaxy-Stain-Eliminator-Fizzion/dp/B019YMYNR0/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5?keywords=jackson+galaxy+stain+%26+odor+remover+tablets&qid=1554671139&s=gateway&sr=8-5-fkmrnull they also make a steam cleaner solution.

• Linda Linda on Sep 07, 2019

Here's the best way to get rid of the smell of pet urine.