Upcycled Metal Pan Into Country Kitchen Tray

$2

I picked this metal pan up one day while out junkin with the hubby. I believe that the pan came from a toaster oven, and I had the perfect upcycled project in mind for it. A country kitchen tray, and I would get to try out one of my new stencils.

The first thing that I did was to give the pan a good scrubbing in hot soapy water.

Next I applied two coats of white chalk paint. I love chalk paint because it adhere's to most surfaces without any prep work like sanding.

Once dry I grabbed my black chalk paint, stencil brush and centered the country kitchen stencil on the pan and started stenciling the wording using a small amount of paint so not to bleed under the stencil.

Letting this dry thoroughly before flipping over to add the wooden ball knobs that were also painted with white chalk paint. Let the glue set overnight.

That's it for this easy upcycled Country Kitchen Tray. This was a quick and easy project. The longest part was waiting for the glue to dry.

If you enjoyed this post you may enjoy my Farm Fresh Eggs sign as well.

Linda @ Mixed Kreations

• Peggy

I would add a glaze over that with food quality glaze to keep it from chipping

• Llc

OMG!! And I just tossed an old pan similar to this into the GOODWILL box. (I keep one going at all times). It would be absolutely PERFECT for something like this. If you'll excuse me.....heading for the GOODWILL BOX right now...LOL!!! Thanks bunches for the GREAT idea!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!!