Estelle
Estelle
  • Plymouth, MA
Asked on Apr 15, 2019

How do you keep white kitchen cabinets white?

BetsyNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CALinda Sikut
+5

• Joy30150932

Regular wiping with warm water, baking soda and a bit of dish liquid.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Estelle,

Are they turning yellow? If there is a polyurethane sealer on them, that might be the problem. Polyurethane tends to yellow over time so if it's over white paint, the paint will turn slightly yellow. If it's more of a gray or if you cook with a lot of grease, that could be "kitchen" dirt that goes into the air then settles on the cabinets. The only solution I know for that would be to wipe then down with equal parts of vinegar & water with a few drops of Dawn more often. :( I hope this helps you. Wishing you the best.

• Linda Sikut

Hi Estelle,

I noticed that you answered Naomie by saying you wanted to do a more thorough job for spring cleaning. If your cabinets are wood, you could use something like Old English that contains an oil to nourish wood cabinets. Otherwise, I'd say that the vinegar and water with a few drops of Dawn does an excellent job of thoroughly cleaning. The vinegar and Dawn will pretty much cut through any kind of dirt or grease. I'd say that you're doing a great job of keeping them as clean as possible. :)

• Wipe down on a regular basis. Hopefully quality paint was used.

Hi Estelle: You can wipe them down every couple of weeks with cleaning vinegar, or a cup of vinegar, Pine Sol, or Spic N Span in a gallon warm water. If you have any spots, try rubbing them with a magic eraser. Then rinse and wipe dry. The thing is to keep up with cleaning them on a regular basis. Good luck