Asked on Apr 16, 2019

How do I get my washer to smell better?

SissycRedcatcecKelly Denoyer Russell
+1

Having trouble eliminating odor from front load washer.... what does it?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Are you able to store it with the door open? That will help it to dry between loads and not get mildew.

• Kelly Denoyer Russell

Run a hot water vinegar wash (no soap) with it empty or a couple clean towels. Only ever use about 2 tablespoons of soap. My appliance guy says most use too much soap with those machines. Clean the black outside rubber seal under and over all the grooves. Leave the door open when possible. I do at night after I use it and shut it during the day because mine swings all the way open and I’m a neat freak. I often use vinegar in my rinse agent and wool balls in my dryer. Rarely ever use fabric softener.

• Redcatcec

Hey Deb,

We had this problem too on our front loader, to solve it we did the wash as usual and as a finishing rinse added white vinegar, then we left the door open to dry it out...no more odor, just keep the door open between uses.

• Sissyc

Their are several manufactured products avail for retail sale that

are made for this problem

they work great

airing out is also necessary

i lnow Tide also make this