RnDJohnson
RnDJohnson
  • East Bend, NC
Asked on Apr 18, 2019

How do I Paint an old concrete patio table?

Adrienne Carrie Hubbard | Crafty Little GnomeCheryl Williamsen

Update a patio concrete table to look like marble. I want it colorful and shiny.

• Cheryl Williamsen

It’s painted concrete now?

In any case, I would first seal the porosity of the concrete with a exterior binding primer, after it is thoroughly cleaned. Fill the pores with the primer.

Then I would use a faux sponge roller cover and roll on a total of three similar exterior Grade paint colors, one at a time,

and hand wipe each color with a damp non-nap rag in the veining pattern I want. Rolled rag is another “faux” technic.

You may want to dilute the paint or glaze to make it more translucent.

Then clear coat with two full coats the completely dried paint job, high gloss exterior Grade polyurethane.

• I would try marble contact paper like this one: https://amzn.to/2DkgD3T #affiliate

• Yeah, definitely no contact paper on an outdoor table. Maybe you could, however, seal the concrete, put contact paper on, and then seal that with something like epoxy resin, which is super shiny and durable. I'd have to research that first, but you can't beat the shine of epoxy.