Asked on Apr 20, 2019

How do remove mold odor from clothing?

WilliamBethRedcatcec
+4

• Kelli L. Milligan

Just launder with some bleach.

• Nancy Turner

If it is washable, try some vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser. It will help remove a lot of odors.

• Redcatcec

If the clothes are either whites or colors, you could wash as usual and add vinegar to the rinse cycle.

Or another method is wash the clothes with baking soda in the wash cycle, let them soak in that.

Air dry.

• Beth

I second (or third?) the suggestion to use vinegar. I like distilled white vinegar for washing. I've also found that hanging the clothes outside on a nice, sunny day will help remove that odor.

I tried with two Chicago Bears Jackets I was going to sell. The only thing that worked was three washes using vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser and putting in the sunlight after every individual wash. I even tried odor eliminator detergent additive...failed. Looked online for ideas....failed. Since they were colors could not use bleach.