LJN
LJN
  • Leland, NC
Asked on Apr 22, 2019

How to make a cooktop cover?

LJNCheryl ACheryl Williamsen
+1

I have an induction cooktop. I would like to make a cover for it that will be strong enough to support a pot when tranferred on it for cooling down. Any suggestions? I do not like using a pallet and formica is too thin. Suggestions and "how to" are appreciated. Thanks.

• Ahilly

Try a cooling rack, like for cakes or cookies if it’s not too high...or even an upside down dish drainer rack under your formica.

• Cheryl Williamsen

I would buy a piece of cementicious concrete tile backer board, mastic on ceramic tiles and grout them. You can paint the edges if you want. I would then put peel and stick cork "dots" on the back side, away from the burners' locations, so that it doesn't scratch the cook top.

Depending on the tile you choose, this can subtle or a masterpiece of art.

• Cheryl A

I would contact the mfg. of your cooktop and ask them this question because there are safety issues that are involved in doing this

• LJN

Thank you to all....your responses are appreciated very much!