How do I fix the small holes in my concrete porch?

WilliamJanet DucharmeDesertRose
+10

And can i paint ?

q hole do i fix the small holes in my concrete porch and can i paint

Can i use a concret quick repair to fill in the small holes and paint my porch

• K. Rupp

The picture didn't come through Janet so I couldn't see the pic. If you want to fill the holes, you could make up a small batch of concrete and try filling the holes with that. I don't know how big the holes are though. Once it sets up and cures, check out my post...https://karupp-did.net/patio_painted/

In this blog post I go into detail what paint is fantastic for concrete and before and after pics of our concrete that we painted. Also, there are some tricks for cleaning the concrete ahead of time with a pressure washer. Good luck!!

• K. Rupp

Ok...I reloaded and now I see the picture. I still don't see the holes. Do you mean that the concrete is pitted because it is among rocks? You might want to pour some more concrete and screed it again. Just a thought but maybe check with a concrete company to see what they can do. I do have a post on pouring concrete if it is something that you all could diy. You probably wouldn't need all the prep work since you already have a patio there. Maybe you could just add another smooth layer. Check out...https://karupp-did.net/pour-a-cement-pad-diy/.

• Janet Ducharme

Thank you. Someone suggested to use solargard Hy-Build. The holes are small Quarter inch. Only in one area. And this product would help me? Not sure if I should. Do know of this product

• Simple Decorating Tips

Looks like a spot we have on a concrete slab. The previous owner had it skimmed over with a thin layer of concrete, but that all flaked off. We asked our concrete guy and he said the skim coat treatment doesn't tend to stay very well in our area... zone 3-4.

• DesertRose

I would mix a small bag of Portland cement and cover not only the damaged area, but across the total porch area to smooth and make it all even and covered. It is not difficult to do and with a bag of sand from the garden area of Walmart, you will have all you need to mix it up. You will need something to smooth it over like a board or strong yard stick or something (I would use what I had on hand). Hope this helps.

• Janet Ducharme

Thank you for your time answering my questions.