Karen
Karen
  • Roanoke, VA
Asked on Jun 10, 2019

How do you repair a wicker chair?

Teresa McLendonJanice HnatJohnavallance82
+3

I have wicker woven chairs on my covered back porch, that due to rain blowing in, the backs of the chairs weave, have broken into and causing the weave to just be open and loose. What can I do to to improve the situation?

q how do you repair
q how do you repair
  • Ken Erickson

I would try pulling the canes tight and clamping them in place using a super glue. Do a little at a time.

• Penny

I fixed my chairs using plastic zip ties (99 for $1). But then you have to paint the chairs so it's not noticeable.

• Lucy Marie Bernier

How about some type of cording you can weave ?

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Natural Raffia (available from Craft Stores) could be used to weave in and out with to strengthen, then paint in to match existing.

• Janice Hnat

Order cane, comes in various size width, reweave following pattern already established. Look under weaving cane online for supplies. Can also contact local basketweaving guilds for assistance. Not a hard fix, just some patience.

• Teresa McLendon

Easy way is Duck tape the color of your wicker. Nobody notices. So wicker furniture is usable until you can figure a long-term fix.