Corinne Pray
Corinne Pray
  • Sisters, OR
Asked on Jun 10, 2019

How to cover outdoor pipes?

FlipturnMindshiftPatricia
+2

• If it's possible, sometimes it's easier to paint stuff to blend in rather than build something to disguise it. If it's near trees, dark green disappears nicely. If it's on your house, match it to the house color.

• Patricia

Wow. I misunderstood. I thought the question was covering them for winter.

• Mindshift

You could still be right. I only assumed the issue was about looks because it's June, but most of the questions on Hometalk are so vaguely written as to make me scratch my head.

• Mindshift

Emy's answer is the easiest way to deal. Painting can also make electric boxes and cables be less visible. Otherwise, carpentry will be involved. If the pipes run vertically, build a box to enclose them. Give the box similar molding features as the house. If the pipes run horizontally, build seating or storage over them.

• Flipturn

What are the pipes beside? We would be more able to offer you suggestions particular to your individual situation if we could see a picture.