Asked on Jun 18, 2019

How can I brighten faded spots on my armchair?

BetsySheba92766

I bought an armchair on sale from dunelm and it’s perfect in my living room, but when we got it home we noticed 2 white (seem to be faded) patches on it that we couldn’t see in the shop (I’m guessing it was the lighting). I’ve dabbed it down and when it’s damp it looks perfect but obviously drys out faded again. Any ideas on how to brighten up the patches and make it look even?

q how can i brighten faded spots on my armchair
  • Sheba92766

You could try one of the better alcohol markers like Copic, Prismacolor or Spectrum Noir. Spectrum also has Aqua color markers. I would try it on a similar fabric or in a hidden area to see how it reacts. They have a huge selection of shades so you could probably find one that's close. You could paint the entire chair, but I'm sure you'd like to keep it like it is. I've attached Copic & Spectrum color charts. I think they're complete.

You could also try spot dying w Rit Dye. They have 500 or so color mixes on their website. Here's a link.

https://www.ritdye.com/color-formulas/

I'm sure someone else has a better idea.

• Zoe Pomphrey

Thank you.. I’ll defiantly have a look and see if I can find a close enough colour :)

Hi Zoe: I disagree with Sheba in as much as she says that someone could have a better idea:) I can't think of one:) Try the test spots on the bottom of the chair. It might not match perfectly, but I think you can come close! Good luck