Asked on Jun 21, 2019

How to cover a dresser that has a laminate top?

Pjo26908388JaniceNan W.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used modge podge or similar to repurpose an old dresser that has a laminate top? I was hoping to I would not have to strip the laminate off-- ugghh.

• Nan W.

Cindy: you CAN paint over laminate. Clean well, PRIME! and then cover with two coats of a good latex paint. Treat the dresser gently for a month or so as the paint cures.

• Janice

Hi Cindy, you could find a fabric design that you love and Modpodge it to the dresser top. You could make it super dressy or playful or whatever you like. It is easy to do. You can do just the top or go full-boat! https://modpodgerocksblog.com/decoupage-a-dresser-15-unique-ideas/

• Pjo26908388

Since you mentioned Modge Podge it can be used to decopauged the surface with sheet music, wallpaper, napkins, other other papers with images and colors you like. Just sand it a bit, prime and paint if you wish and add the image(s).