Asked on Jun 25, 2019

How to choose a color for my living room?

Joy30150932Lindsey A Mahoney47879655
+5

• Bushra

You look like a colorful and lively person Norma. I would go for a neutral paint color such as any shades of gray and jazz it up with colorful furniture or accessories. BTW great picture.

Hope it helps otherwise let me know I will be willing to help you throughout the process... Thanks- Bushra

• Kelli L. Milligan

Choose a green from the greens in your chair. Always pick colors from an existing color scheme already in your room that is a pattern - like your chair.

• Beth

You might choose a light olive green to complement your chair upholstery. I bet that would look nice!

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Another vote for green! We painted our basement media room green and it's gorgeous! https://www.frugalfamilytimes.com/2018/12/how-to-install-grid-paneling-for-character.html

• Lindsay Aratari

I would recommend a neutral color and then add pops of color with the decor like pillows, blankets, vases, etc!

• 47879655

mian khan panter

• Lindsey A Mahoney

It depends on the feel you are going for! If you want it to feel more calm and relaxing, I would choose a more neutral and traditional color. If you want it to feel more lively and bring energy into the space, I would choose a color that is more bold. If you are still undecided, a great white always looks nice and provides a clean palette to get creative with furniture and decor.

• Joy30150932

Light colors are in right now. If you have a pattern of some kind in your furniture you can pick a shade out of that and match it up. The wall color will pull the color out of your furniture. You can also use the white walls which will give you the option of using any color décor you wish to enhance the space. It is cheaper and easier to replace the décor than to paint walls. The lighter the walls the better the light reflection in the room.