How do I remove wallpaper?

+4
  • Dee Dee on Jun 28, 2019

Use a paper tiger wallpaper cutter to score the paper. Then spray with a mixture of fabric softener and water. Let stand approximately 15 minutes, then scrape off. The fabric softener also takes off the glue and makes the job easy peasy.

• Rebecca Taylor Rebecca Taylor on Jun 28, 2019

Hi there, I have a scoring tool that they make for wallpaper. I use it and then spray it down with warm water, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then use a scraper. Repeat where necessary.

• Ecl32053375 Ecl32053375 on Jun 28, 2019

Thanks Dee; heading out to get the tiger thing and softener!

• Amanda Amanda on Jun 28, 2019

Hello. I use a product called diff, and also a wall paper scorer. First cover the floors, wallpaper removal is very messy. Then score the wallpaper. The I work in smaller sections putting the Diff on so it doesn't dry fast. Then use a scrap and start scrapping off. You may need to apply more Diff. Once it is all off I use a bucket of warm water and wipe the walls down making sure I have removed all of the glue.

• Libbie B Libbie B on Jun 29, 2019

Taking down wallpaper is a chore for sure. The product diff and scoring does help the process along. I also recommend a great podcast or book on audio to pass the time.

• Linda Linda on Sep 07, 2019

Here's the easiest way to remove wallpaper.