Asked on Aug 19, 2019

How can I make a bunkbed canopy?

MogieGkJessica VanderVeen
+1

my granddaughter has a bunk bed and she wants canopy over top of it. Any suggestions.

• Trudi

I would think it would be a little to close to the ceiling for a canopy, so I would make a half one with a half of a hula hoop or half of a foam wreath. cover with flowers and hang fabric from that to go down the sides of the head of the bed.

• Jessica VanderVeen

You could use some tulle and attach it to the ceiling. Or you could cut hula hoops in half to make an arch over the bed, then drape the tulle from that.

• Gk

You could position 3 curtain rods (positioned by dividing the bed length into thirds) on the ceiling and then drape a long length of material over the rods. The rods wouldn't hang down much and you can make the material look billowy by letting it drape/sag between the rods and it can hang over the top and bottom ends of the bed so it is closed in like a tent.