Asked on Sep 16, 2019

How do I paint a brown door white?

BetsyKen EricksonJanice
+1

Need to paint a brown metal storm door white what is best way spray or foam brush w paint?

• Thrifted Nest

I would use a oil based paint specifically for metal, and roll it on.

• Janice

Hi Teresa, If the storm door has an intricate scroll-like design, I would suggest spray painting it. If it is a plain door with little embellishment, it could easily be painted with a brush or one of those sponge-type brushes.

Then, there's all this information too........

https://www.hunker.com/13416969/can-i-paint-a-storm-door

• Ken Erickson

A primer is probably needed to prevent bleed through. Then paint as desired - see previous comments.

Hi Teresa: To paint a steel door, you'll need exterior paint and an oil-based primer designed specifically for metal. Before you apply the primer and paint, lightly sand the door with 400-grit sandpaper so the primer and paint will stick to it better. Then, apply 2 coats of the primer, letting it dry after each coat. I'd use a brush, foam or otherwise. Like Janice said, you can spray the intricate bits. Good luck