Asked on Sep 19, 2019

How do I clean pots using vinegar?

Kate BrownEverything PrettyBetsy
+1

• Janice

Hi Ginny, perhaps this video will be of help to you to clean your pots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPP6rFetBko

Hi Ginny: If your pot has burned on gunk, what I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. Good luck. If you're trying to clean a copper bottomed pot, finish it off with Barkeepers Friend. Good luck.

• Everything Pretty

I usually use a baking soda paste. You can spray the vinegar on the baking soda for more degreasing power.

• Kate Brown

Rather than vinegar, I use a dishwasher tablet. Just let it soak in a pan full of water, hot or cold, for an hour or two (I usually leave it overnight because the gunk is so "off" of the bottom that I can pour it into a strainer and dump it into the garbage! leaving the pan needing just a simple washout). Best thing for a burned bottom has always been Comet and elbow grease as far as I'm concerned, especially if you have copper bottoms because that Comet will restore their sparkle and beautiful color, too.