Debra
Debra
  • Richmond, VA
Asked on Sep 19, 2019

How do I cut a curved end of an architectural niche?

DebraMindshiftKelli L. Milligan
+1

I am trying to use stone peel and stick tile in a bathroom. I have an architectural niche that has a curved end that needs to be cut. Do I need a wet saw and tips to cut it correctly?

• Cher @ Designs By Studio C

Hi, Debra!

If the tile is real stone, then a wet saw would be the best option for cutting the tile. It is possible that the adhesive may gum up the blade and the water from the saw may get the tile backing wet. When cutting, use a good blade, plenty of water and go slow! Check the manufacturer's website for cutting instructions, as well! I hope this helps!

• Kelli L. Milligan

Is that in your shower? I don't think peel n stick Is recommended for wet areas.

• Mindshift

There are many brands of stone peel n stick tile. None are very thick, and most can be cut with snips and a chisel. I only found one that required a wet saw. You should have received instructions with the tiles, and there should be info on cutting them. If not, do an internet search for the product, then look for Installation Guide, Help, FACs, etc. If your project is complex you may need to call the manufacturer for guidance.

• Debra

thank you all for your assistance!!