PCM
PCM
  • San Diego, CA

How do I use Amazon adhesive wrap to cover cabinets or old tile?

PCMLaura CooperJessica VanderVeen
+4

I saw online someone in the U.K. use Amazon bought adhesive contact paper to redo cabinets and then a special tile paint to paint countertops. Thank you!

• Deb K

Hello, I have painted my own countertops but they weren't tile here is how

Lightly sand to rough the countertop up

Go to your paint store, tell them what you are painting, they will pick the proper paint and primer for you, you can even get the primer tinted for a better coverage

Once you have sanded, clean with TSP, then rinse and dry thoroughly,

Apply your primer coat, let it dry according to the instructions

Once the primer coat is dry, apply your paint coat, I would apply 2 or 3 as it will be stronger and thicker

Once your coats dry, you can apply a matte clear coat, either by spry or roll on, keep a small container of it under your sink for touch ups, I had my counters like this for 12 years, until I could afford new ones.

I used a few uncolored glass cutting boards for protection. It held up very well. And only costs you the prices of the materials.

Good luck!

• Jessica VanderVeen

You could try this countertop kit: https://amzn.to/2MAjfyC

• Laura Cooper

The contact paper for home decor is a little different than basic contact paper. One brand available through Amazon is EZFauxdecor.com. These are heavy duty papers that mimic granite or stainless steel and other durable finishes. Instructions will be provided by the manufacturer.

• PCM

Thank you! I just received from Amazon a German brand: Designfolie: selbstklebend

“self adhesive film” 67.5 cm wide and 2m long. Also says “d-c-fix” on label. Very heavy.