How can I prevent a glass table from tipping over?

MichelleEmNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+2

I just brought a second hand glass table, got it home and realized everytime we lean on it the glass tips and comes crashing down, very unsafe...how can I keep the table glass from tipping and falling and possibly hurting someone?

• Oliva

Without a "lip" to contain the glass, you will have an ongoing problem, which may be why it was in need of another home. See if you can attach the glass with an appropriate glue to the inner supports. Otherwise, you may want to donate the glass and look for a plexi glass replacement, or similar.

• Redcatcec

My thought would be to glue suction cups to whichever part of the table base touches the glass top.

• Can you post a photo?

• Em

Guess why it is second hand. Previous owner probably thought the same thing. Post photo so we can better understand the problem.

• Michelle

Thank you for everyone's reply..this table is actually my daughter's doing and, well, we live and learn. I just thought I would give it a shot since there is some great solutions here. Thank you again!!