Can you water down Waverly chalk paint?

JpGkAbby and Matt
+2

Can u add water to waverly chalk paint

• Hi there, this article discusses it and says yes. It's for a different brand, but it is chalk paint. Hope this post helps: https://canarystreetcrafts.com/annie-sloan-for-beginners/

• Yes, you can. My paint sprayer instructions say you can water down chalk paint for spraying since it's so thick.

• Abby and Matt

Yup. Will act more like a stain the more you water it down

• Gk

I checked out the directions on the back of a Waverly Chalk paint jar. It says nothing about whether or not you can water it down. It is a water based paint however so it shouldn't be an issue. One thing about Waverly Chalk Paint--it takes a very long time to dry in comparison to other chalk paints and it has an extremely stinky smell to it. it is also very hard to sand once it dries. It doesn't "chalk off" easily when sanding. It dries very hard so distressing is a bit more difficult. Waverly does make some pretty colors though!

• Jp

Thank you all for the help. I have did some furniture already. I loved it. Did not have any trouble whatsoever. Easy on and easy to dry brush different colors. I used steel wool to sand after each coat. My finish was very smooth and shiny. I am glad I gave this a try.